If you are a dog owner, you must love your dog. However, despite being a man’s best friend your dog
loves something more than you. We know what you might be thinking, and we can assure you that it is not your neighbor. It is pooping. Yes, you heard it right. Pets, including cats and dogs, love to poop around the house, particularly in your garden.
Now, as a dog owner, you might be familiar with the process of disposing of your dog’s poop, which is, pick it, put it in a bag, and dump it. However, there’s more than this if you want to do it the right way.
How to deal with dog poop: Everything you need to know
Below-specified are some ways in which you can deal with your dog’s poop.
- Pack it up - Dog poop bags
One of the simplest and convenient ways to deal with your dog’s poop is to pick it up and pack it in dog poop bags. Most dog poop bags are biodegradable, which means they dissolve or break down way faster than standard plastic bags. While some people use plastic bags to dispose of their dog’s poop, it is not recommended as plastic:
- Takes more time to get decompose, which harms the environment. For example, it can be wedged in small birds’ beaks.
- Plastic when dumped in wrong places such as near the ocean, or farms can contaminate food sources.
- They are not recyclable, which directly increases pollution in the environment.
Hence, it is always recommended carrying biodegradable and compostable dog poop bags, when taking your dog out for a walk, in particular. It is because you do not want your dog’s poop to be a reason for the inconvenience for some people.
Some benefits of compostable and biodegradable dog poop bags are:
- Are more durable as compared to plastic bags.
- They are easy to carry, and
- Finally, being made of organic matter, which is compost, they provide nourishment to the soil if they are composed near it. So, make sure to throw place them in the soil. Instead of throwing them in the dust bin, as this would not have any positive effect on the environment.
It is worth mentioning that you can also place your compostable dog poop bags containing your dog’s poop in an industrial composting facility. However, some composting facilities do not allow you to throw animal waste near their facility. So, be aware of this.
- Shovel up
Another great way to deal with dog poop is to shovel it up. To do this grab a shovel, and dig a hole in your backyard. Then pick it up, and throw the dog poop in the hole, and cover it with sand.
Dog poops have high levels of nitrogen, which is harmful to the environment. However, covering it with sand makes sure that no such gases escape into the atmosphere.
When digging a hole, make sure to:
- Dig a bit deep, so your dog cannot spell its poop, and eat it.
- Do not dig a hole near the plants, as gases from poop would damage them.
- Do not put the poop in the same hole as the already buried dog poop will make the new one closer to the ground, which can be dangerous for your dog as specified above.
- Flush it
You can also flush your dog’s poop in the toilet. It is one of the simplest methods of getting rid of dog poop. The whole method is done in seconds. However, make sure to lower the toilet seat when done, as you do not want to look unhygienic to your partner.
Moreover, make sure that you do not flush biodegradable or compostable dog poop bags. It is because it would choke your toilet and can cause numerous inconveniences.
There are numerous dog poop dissolvers in the market that you can put or spray onto your dog’s poop. Some of the most common dissolvers are gardener’s lime and professional enzyme-based dissolvers. You can also use natural dissolvers such as vinegar to rapidly dissolve your dog’s poop.
Now, remember that you would not see your dog’s poop get dissolved in a matter of seconds. It is because the phenomenon is based on science instead of magic. Vinegar and gardener’s lime would dissolve your dog’s poop in 4-6 days, while enzyme-based would dissolve it in under 2 days.
- Hire professionals
If you are too lazy to pick up your dog’s poop, you can always hire a pooper scooper service. Some benefits of hiring a professional pooper scooper service are:
- Saves your time, which you can put into something doing more productive.
- More effective poop cleaning
- Quick service
Find your best way to dispose
The above-specified are the top 5 ways in which you can deal with your dog’s poop. We hope these steps may help you to properly dispose of your dog’s poop.