If you are a pet parent, using a cat water fountain is just necessary. It has loads of advantages over a traditional water bowl. Your pet needs to stay hydrated and so drink water regularly, but the water must be of optimum temperature, be filtered, be bacteria-free, etc. This, Nah, a traditional bowl won’t do it for you. Only a good pet fountain can achieve all this. So, here it’s for you- a proper guide about pet water fountains.
Why do you need a pet water fountain?
For your dear pet, you should always consider using a water fountain and not a bowl. There are multiple reasons for this. Let’s talk about the ones that are the most important.
- Firstly, the water in the fountain is always in circulation which means the wateris always running like in nature. So, if your cat/dog prefers natural running water, a cat water fountain is what you need. Free-flowing water will also trigger the natural instinct of your pet friend to drink more water. This will help your pet stay properly hydrated. The water is also not standing like in a bowl so it doesn’t let germs grow.
- Plus, by nature your pet, say a cat, will only want to drink the cleanest of water! Boring traditional bowls won’t purify the water you put in them, but acat water fountain Good pet fountain products have features like germicidal UV light and multiple water purifying filter covers. This kills any harmful bacteria and also separates any debris from the water. It also improves the taste and smell of the water by filtering out any impurities. Remember cats and dogs have a far better sense of smell than you, so the water that may appear clean to you may appear ‘not so clean' to your pet. Apart from all this, a pet fountain will keep the water at the optimum temperature as it’s freely flowing.
- Vets recommend making sure that your pet stays properly hydrated. So, you need to replace water several times a day in case you use a traditional bowl. If you have a busy lifestyle, you may sometimes fail to change in time. This can really affect the health of your pet over time. But, with a waterfountain, you will have to do the least! You only need to fill the water reservoir and water will flow itself on time. You can also easily keep track of the amount of water your pet is consuming in a day. This is not possible with a traditional bowl.
How To Choose A Cat Drinking Fountain?
Well, now that you know the reasons you should consider using a cat fountain, let’s know how to choose the best one!
- The foremost thing to consider is the safety of your pet. A cat water fountainmust be safe to use. It should be properly designed (especially the pump) for hydroelectricity separation to avoid any electric shocks or mishaps.
- You should look for the good water storage capacity of the fountain. A quality pet water fountainwill have a good reservoir- a tank of large capacity. So that you do not need to refill it continuously. Once your cat/dog gets used to it, you won’t need to worry about his/her hydration. Normally, pets drink from a water fountain as per their requirements on their own.
- Another extremely important factor to consider is the filtering system. As mentioned before, advanced water fountains will have multiple filtering features. Fountains with multi-cover water filters and UV treatment features are the best! Multiple filters will clear the water of any debris, dirt, and UV light will kill the harmful germs. These important features make the water hygienic for your pet than a traditional bowl.
- A fountain should also be easy to separate and clean. It should require no tools to be disassembled. Especially, the tank should be easily removable and the filters easily replaceable. An ideal pet water fountain should be cleaned by rinsing it with just water. Though you will not need to refill the reservoir continuously, you will have to change the filters and clean the product regularly. So, it is critical to choose a fountain will lesser maintenance. The maintenance should be easy and hassle-free.
Also, some pet fountains have loud pumps. They can disturb your pets and anyone around. Your pet may not like a noisy fountain and therefore refuse to drink from it. Make sure you choose the one that has a really quiet pump.
Which One Should You Choose?/Our Recommendation
If you find it tricky to choose the right product for your pet buddy, here is the best one for you, LAIKA Pet Water Fountain. A product with all the best qualities that a proper pet water fountain should have. Its pump produces minimal sound (lesser than 29DB), such that you can even keep it in your bedroom! Your pet will get used to it in no time! It has a large storage tank (91oz/2.7L) which is easily removable. Easy to maintain, it doesn’t have any dead corners and can be easily cleaned just by rinsing it with water.
Moreover, it has germicidal UV light and a four-layered (double layer PP cotton, coconut shell activated carbon, ion exchange resin) filtering cover for clean and bacteria-free water. It also features two modes- circulation mode for the cleanest water and eco mode to save energy. It also has smart indicator lights to indicate water filter changing, water shortage, and UV germ-killing. You can use this amazing product for pets of any size, say for a dog as a dog water fountain and for a cat as cat drinking fountain. Above all, LAIKA Pet Water Fountain is available at an affordable price.